Thursday 29 May 2014

The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier – Steadfast

I believe Steadfast by Jack Campbell marks the first time that I have read ten books in a series with one continuous plot line. Generally, I shy away from long series, but there is something about The Lost Fleet that just really works for me.

Having chomped through the book in three days, I am happy to report that the series is still going strong! I was a bit worried, as I thought number 9 was starting to wander off course. It takes a bit of time for Steadfast to bring it back, but it’s an enjoyable enough ride, and by the end, the series is back to full strength, returning to the central plot line, and giving us plenty of space battles.

A terrific way to pass a few, slow, rainy days in Oxford.

No comments:

Post a Comment